If you’ve recently moved into a new home, it’s important to remember some simple steps to ensure you keep your property and your family as safe as possible.
- Change the locks. This may seem obvious, but many new home owners and renters don’t update door locks when they move in. Remember that anyone who has lived in your house before may have made key copies, handed them out to friends or family or even lost them.
- Install motion lighting. This quick and inexpensive tip will add extra lighting to exterior walk-ways or entries. It will drastically improve your quality of life, and also serve as a deterrent for burglary.
- Do some yard work. A well-manicured lawn and hedge line will demonstrate to any potential burglars that the home is lived-in and maintained. This is an automatic deterrent and will be sure to improve your curb appeal!
- Create an inventory of valuables. You may have added more valuables in a big move, or even donated or sold off items. Moving is the perfect time to update your inventory of valuables, and update your renters or home owner’s insurance policy too.
- Schedule a consultation. A new home is a big investment, and the biggest step you can take to keep your family and your valuables safe is to schedule a consultation with a security tech who will take the time to understand your needs and design a system that’s right for you.