New SAFE Grant gives NH Schools chance to Beef up Security
The SAFE federal grant program focuses on improvements in video surveillance, access control, and emergency alert systems.
The coverage of many recent tragedies has parents throughout New Hampshire worrying about their children’s safety and wondering what can be done about it. With our business founders having school-aged children of their own, Mt Major Tech wants to help spread awareness about this funding.
Here is some key information about the SAFE Grant:
- Applicants are required to submit an application for each school that covers only one project “category.” The categories are: access control, surveillance, and emergency alerting. For example, if you have a district-wide need for replacing door locks, you will need to enter an application for each school. This also means that if you have one school that needs door locks (access control) and notification beacons (emergency altering), you will need to fill out two applications, one for each project category at that school.
- Applicants may submit more than one project per school.
- Awards will cover 100% of the eligible project costs.
- The maximum award to any one school will be $100,000.
- Projects that have been included in an approved school budget, prior to July 1, 2022, are not eligible for funding.
- Final call for applications closes end of day on August 26.
Click HERE to visit the NH Department of Education’s SAFE Grant resource page. This page contains links to the grant application, FAQs, guidelines, and contacts who can assist with the application process.
Mt Major Tech is seeking to partner with any school or district looking for guidance in securing their facilities. We offer an open, honest, and collaborative approach to helping our customers meet their safety and security goals, and we do it at a fair price. We look forward to the opportunity to schedule a consultation and provide a proposal.